Building Policies

Listed below are some general policies. Please refer to your lease or contact Property Management with any specific questions.

  • Insurance Requirements

  • Smoke-Free Building


Move In

  • The property management office MUST be notified at least five (5) days prior to move-in.
  • Elevators will only be available for move-in after 6:00 pm
  • Monday through Thursday and 6:00 pm Friday until 5:00 pm Sunday.
  • All debris is the responsibility of the tenant and should be removed before regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
  • The loading dock is the only building entrance permitted for large moves.
  • Please use the freight elevator ONLY for moving furniture and equipment from the ground floor to your suite floor.
  • A layer of material, such as Masonite, MUST protect all common corridor and lobby floors.
  • All door jambs must be protected by a material such as cardboard or cotton padding.
  • The entrance doors (building and suite) must be protected by furniture pads or cotton padding.
  • All walls and corners must be protected by a material such as Masonite or cardboard.

In an effort to act in the best interest of the tenants and to protect the property, the following policies regarding movement of office furniture and equipment into or out of the Building must be strictly adhered to. Before engaging a moving or delivery company, please contact Building Management in writing no later than one week prior to any move to discuss arrangements. All correspondence concerning your move is to be directed to:

Capitol Crossing Advisors
Alexandra F. Foxworth-Hill

A pre-move and follow-up walk-through should be coordinated with the Building Management office in order to document the condition of the affected areas of the building before and after the move. Any damage caused by the movers will be repaired by a contractor of the Building Management’s choice and paid for promptly by the tenant or the moving contractor. To help avoid damage, movers must protect all flooring with Masonite, and walls, corners and door frames are to be treated with appropriate protection.

All tenant move-ins must be coordinated with Building Management and they must be notified 24 hours in advance regarding any arrangements made for various trades, such as telephone installation, internet installation etc. Many of the items needing to be addressed prior to a move are as follow:

  • Change of address information to the U.S. Post office
  • Contact phone company to arrange for installation of new phones and equipment
  • Provide Building management with Certificates of Insurance (COI) for all contractors (i.e. movers, general contractors) providing services on behalf of the tenant.


Insurance Requirements
Tenant Insurance Requirement


Contractor / Alterations Policies
No alterations shall be made without Landlord’s prior approval. Please refer to your lease Section 9. Alterations, for additional information.

Construction firms and personnel providing remodeling services must be approved by the Manager and must provide proof of adequate insurance coverage, including certificates establishing bonding, compliance with worker's compensation, and insurance for public liability and property damage in amounts equal to those required to be provided by you under your lease agreement. These certificates must name both the landlord and Manager as additional insured.

All vendors/contractors must have a Certificate of Insurance on file with Building Management before execution of any work.


Contractor Insurance Requirements & Construction Rules
All contractors must have a Certificate of Insurance (COI) on file with Management. In addition, all contractor/vendors doing work in the building should adhere to our Construction Rules & Regulations.

Certificate of Insurance
Construction Rules & Regulations


Smoke-Free Building
Capitol Crossing I is completely smoke-free as required by Washington, D.C law. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the buildings, including all elevators, stairs, lobbies, penthouse, rooftop, corridors, restrooms, mechanical, storage, and janitorial areas, as well as all offices and work areas. Smoking is not permitted outside of the building within 25 feet of any operable windows, doors, outdoor air intakes or outdoor cafe seating areas.